Inception of the College

Shri B K Patel Arts and Smt. L M Patel Commerce College is the only institution of higher education in the Savli Taluka. The College, which was established in 1974, is located in Savli which is the Taluka head-quarter. It is run by the Savli Taluka Kelavani Mandal, a trust which has been instrumental in setting up schools, hospitals and community halls with a view to improve the conditions of people in this area. The foundation of the Mandal in 1956 almost coincided with the arrival of an unknown saint in 1959. The saint who came to be known in this area as the Swamiji of Savli became a source of strength to the people in this Taluka. The Mandal got energized by the presence of the Swamiji, who in all his civil social work tried to integrate the dreams of a newly independent nation with the ancient ideals and morals enshrined in the traditions of India. He was also inspired to a great extent by the educational ideals of Tagore’s Shantiniketan.

What We Are

The College is affiliated to State University Shri Govind Guru University, Godhara previously affiliated to Gujarat University, Ahmedabad and it offers 4 undergraduate and 1 postgraduate programs in Arts and Commerce and has 11 Departments. In the last forty years, our College has emerged as a leader among the rural colleges situated in Vadodara and Panchmahal districts.

 

Contact Us

Address: Arts and Commerce College, Savli-391770 District: Vadodara State: Gujarat
Phone: 02667 222177      Mob: 94265 67268
Fax: 02667 223666
E-mail: principalbklmpc@gmail.com Last Update : 23/08/2016